National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I was wondering if anyone knew a value of this edition? It is a hard bound copy in excellent condition. Also have many more hardbound copies ranging from 1910 to 1920s. Have many regular editions from 1920s to 2008.

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just we aware that this bound volume is more likely to be a 1964 reprint edition, which is worth between $200-$400.

I was just looking up a website www.dbmagazine.com/cmopg1924/natgeo.html that provides a price list for original magazines. I can't be sure, but guess this data is at least 6 years old so out of date. Generally I found that the prices have at least doubled since then - probably mainly thanks to eBay. It quotes a good quality first edition 1888 Vol1 - 1 single magazine at $11,000, or for all first issues in Volume 1 for a total of about $25,200. A bound volume would be worth less than this, but don't forget these are 2002 prices, so should be at least doubled. So, I would guess a reasonably good bound Volume 1, including the Asheville map, would be worth $25k to $30k today. I'd be interested in what others think, since I've never even seen a Volume 1 magazine!

Let me know if you have an original edition!
Thanks for the info Dale. I took a closer look at this edition and found reprint on lower middle of page. Can't believe I overlooked it before. Wishful thinking I guess. I'll enjoy having it regardless of it not being an original copy. Thanks again for your help, have a good day.
Yeah, thanks for that info:) I was actually just going to start a thread asking whether bound magazines are worth less than the loose editions, but you answered my question. Looking through old posts does pay off! Haha.

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service