National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Hi everyone,

I got 300 + magazines when my grandfather passed away. I have made a listing and hope someone can help. What I have are the following years and issues

1937 Full set
1938 Full set
1940 Missing May & June
1941 Full Set
1955 Missing May & Nov
1956 Missing Sept thru Nov
1959 Missing Feb, Sept thru Nov
1961 Full Set
1962 Full Set
1966 Missing Jan, Feb, July, Sept, Nov & Dec
1967 Have Apr. June, July, Sept, & Nov
1968 Missing Jan, Apr,, July, Sept, Nov & Dec
1969 Have June, July, Oct,& Nov
1972 Have June
1974 Have Oct
1975 Have June, July, Sept thru Dec
1976 Missing Aug, Oct thru Dec
1977 Missing Mar & Nov
1978 Missing Jan, May, Aug & Sept
1979 Have Jan thru June
1985 Full set
1986 Full Set
1987 Full set
1988 Full Set
1989 Full Set
1990 Full Set
1991 Missing Aug
1992 Full Set
1993 Full Set
1994 Full Set
1995 Full Set
1996 Full Set
1997 Full Set
1998 Missing Dec
1999 Missing Nov
2000 Full Set
2001 Missing Feb
2002 Missing Feb
2003 Missing May & July
2004 Have Jan

Also have Nov 1993 Water Special edition with supplement
Also have supplement for April 1939 "The Reaches Of NY City"

117 issues have the supplements. That includes 3D glasses
Sounds of Whales record and Scratch & Sniff survey

The years 1985 thru 2004 are in the magazine binders.

I would consider most of the magazines in VG condition. Most of the supplements appear to have never been unfolded or only opened a minimal number of times.

I also looked and could not find the words reprint on the early copines

If you need any more information to aid in helping me please let me know.

Thank You

Chuck

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi chuck, im gerald up in ontario, canada. i am a collector and dealer. the mags you have with the 3d glasses and whale record, arethe attached to the mags and if so how much do you want for them? tyvm gerald
Hi Gerald,

I do believe they are still attached to the magazines. I'm not sure of the prices for the magazines that is why I posted to get some help.
Any suggestions?

Chuck
ty for answering me. what i do is let the person set a price and dicker from there. what state are you located in? if they are attached i am most interested in them. do you need any for your sets?, ty gerald natgeographiccollector@yahoo.ca

Where are you located?

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service