National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Preservation Tips (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where to find slip cases for 1958 and older?

I have slip cases for all years 1959 to present .. is there anywhere that sells them for magazines older then 1959?

Started by j mitch

8 Aug 12, 2023
Reply by Jonathan White

Musty smell

I just bought some old NG's and they have a pretty strong old "attic" musty smell. They don't look to have any mildew on them. Does anybody…

Started by Christine Lofgren

8 Apr 19, 2023
Reply by Noel Carlson

Nat Geo is on CGC radar!

I like CGC first and foremost, the protection of my magazine; Also, It does not leave me guessing the condition of my magazine. Secondly, t…

Started by Dalton

6 Aug 18, 2022
Reply by Dalton

Ideal Humidity for National Geographic Magazines?

Hey Everyone,I recently just bought a Dehumidifier and was wondering what is the ideal humidity % for preserving my National Geographic Mag…

Started by Douglas Groenendijk

3 Aug 17, 2022
Reply by Wildbunch

A Tale of Two Magazines

Somehow I finished up with 2 copies of December 1919. Neither were particualry good. Both had corners missing fron the front covers. One ha…

Started by george warren

1 Jun 2, 2021
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Slipfolds

How do you take the Magazines out of the slipcases? 

Started by Anthony J. Chesser

2 Mar 31, 2020
Reply by Anthony J. Chesser

Maps Folded Incorrectly

Hello Everyone,I was just going through my NG collection and noticed that some of my maps were folded incorrectly and have been for many ye…

Started by Douglas Groenendijk

0 Jan 8, 2019

Best way to deal with pages stuck together?

I recently acquired a lot of old issues that were stored away somewhere for a long period of time.  As a result, some of the issues are lik…

Started by John Evicci

0 Dec 23, 2015

Magazine Slip Cases

I have been a member since the early seventys and over the years I have accumulated a copy of all issues from 1914 to present ( with the ex…

Started by Jefferey R. Parker

7 Jan 7, 2015
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

How can I best store my large NatGeo collection?

Hello everyone, My father and grandfather collected National Geographics and I found myself continuing the collection as I grew up. I curr…

Started by Steve

8 Mar 15, 2014
Reply by tim arbogast

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service