National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Mark Van Winkle's Discussions (53)

Discussions Replied To (50) Replies Latest Activity

"Perfect! Thanks so much."

Mark Van Winkle replied Nov 22, 2021 to Early Issues

18 Dec 8, 2021
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

"What an interesting post. It certainly underscores how insular my thinking is ... if…"

Mark Van Winkle replied Nov 15, 2021 to Drastic differences between Australian and US version (example of June 2013 edition)

5 Nov 17, 2021
Reply by Pece Kocovski

"There really isn't much of a collector market for National Geographics until you get…"

Mark Van Winkle replied Nov 8, 2021 to Is there a market?

1 Nov 8, 2021
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

"Yes! I haven't been able to buy any quality magazines off of eBay for the past year.…"

Mark Van Winkle replied Apr 24, 2021 to Availability and ebay.

3 Apr 24, 2021
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

"Mel, I agree with almost all your criteria for each grade level. The only disagreeme…"

Mark Van Winkle replied Feb 4, 2021 to Proposed NGM grading standard:

3 Feb 7, 2021
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

"I'm unclear what it means also. My copy looks like the one you have posted. "

Mark Van Winkle replied Apr 12, 2020 to Dec 1976 NGM printing anomoly/error?

8 Apr 13, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

"I found it (barely), but what does it represent? "

Mark Van Winkle replied Sep 9, 2019 to Total Number of Reprints Published by the National Geographic Society (NGS)

11 Sep 11, 2019
Reply by Douglas Groenendijk

"George, Thanks so much. I think I'll proceed then with the purchase. Mark"

Mark Van Winkle replied Aug 25, 2019 to 1964 Reprints Question

2 Aug 25, 2019
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

"George / Mel, Thanks so much for the information. That's really helpful. Mark"

Mark Van Winkle replied Jul 19, 2019 to Maps 1914-2002

7 Jul 19, 2019
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

"Lynn, I finally got around to checking my issues, and I already have these maps and…"

Mark Van Winkle replied Jul 17, 2019 to Maps 1914-2002

7 Jul 19, 2019
Reply by Mark Van Winkle

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service