National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Checkoff List of All National Geographic Maps and Supplements. Updated to July 2017

Checkoff%20List%20of%20National%20Geographic%20Maps%20%26%20Supplem...

Here is an excel spreadsheet  of all Maps and Supplements through July 2017. Includes previously missing March 1979 pamphlet of Wildlife Refuges of the United States...

Views: 4416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phil, . . . nu uh  : - ) 

I knew about it for years. Been too ill to get back to discussing it here w/ y'all. Remember a while back I mentioned to Tom I had 2 more "surprises" top tell about . . .These "booklets" from the 70's were what I had in mind. 

Phil

One more map missing that I forgot to add to the last reply is May 2006 Australia.

Scott

Scott,

That's not a National Geographic map. It is an Australian.com advertisement...

Phil

I am still trying to downsize and sell my maps and supplements as well as my oldest magazines.  Attached is an updated list of what I have left.  Make me an offer I can't refuse and these are all yours.

Attachments:

Lynn,

Just joined the NG collectors group and saw you had maps for sale in July. Do you still have them for sale? If so I am interested in the following from your list (See below)

How much are you asking for them?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Steve

1907 July North Pole Regions
1909 Mar Africa (2) 1 SOLD
1912 Feb Panama Canal
1912 Oct China and its Territories
1913 Feb Central American Cuba Puerto Rico Caribbean
1914 Alaska (2) poor condition

1917 Aug Babes in the Woods Picture (2)

Steve, I still have these for sale.  Please e-mail me at lynnolson01@aol.com and make an offer.  Thanks.

when I try and open the checkoff list I get an error saying it's not a supported file type or the file is damaged

Andrew,

You need Microsoft Excel to display this list.  Unfortunately it is no longer being updated, Phil passed away a few years ago.

Tom Wilson

My old brain "thinks" this is the list I downloaded in 2016 and have been using ever since.

I have just discovered that the Nov/Dec 1917 item is missing (unless I somehow deleted it!)

So my search sadly never included this one!

I do have the August one thanks to Scott T Shier.

I recently found the Nov/Dec mag (no map!) here in the UK and last year found another 7 so only 2 more to find!

This makes me wonder if the Forum should now have an "Official" Map/Supp List ? Since many people have contributed to several lists, this might be appropriate perhaps even including a list of "contributors" for posterity.

George,

I don't think their is anyone in power to do anything "official" here.  We are just a group of collectors sharing information about the magazine we cherish.  Before he died, Philip Riviere posted images of all the map and pictorial supplements in a series of albums.  I created an album of supplements issued after Phil's passing.  I then posted a discussion in "Resources & Links" with links to all the albums.  Its not a list, and its not official, but it's the closest thing we've got.

You can find it here.

Tom Wilson

Here is an Excel spreadsheet with all Nat Geo maps from 1889 to 2019.  I have 389 of the 431 maps so it should be a fairly accurate list.  Let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

Attachments:

Hi Chris great list. I noticed you had two maps on the list without an issue associated with it. One is the 2012 - The World Map, and the other is the 2001 - Pearl Harbour/Theater of War Reprint. I have these two maps but never was able to figure out which issues they belonged to. Did National Geographic subscribers receive these in addition to their regular magazine subscription?

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service