National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Looking to sell National Geographic collection dated 1948-1962

I have a fairly extensive National Geographic collection that I am looking to sell (please see attached spreadsheet). The collection does include the edition from Queen Elizabeth II's coronation (Sept 1953), the Pioneer I spacecraft (Feb 1959), "Inside the White House" (Jan 1961), and "Queen Elizabeth Opens Parliament" (Nov 1961). These were just a couple editions I took note of while thumbing through the collection and taking inventory of what I have. MANY of the magazines are considered in good/excellent condition, which I have also noted with color coding in the spreadsheet. I also have many of the original "map supplements" that were included with specific volumes (those have been marked with an asterisk in the spreadsheet).

I have taken notes of the condition of each volume if you would like more specific details to clarify my color coding within the spreadsheet.

Also, within the spreadsheet, noted at the bottom, are map supplements that I have, but I do not have the actual magazine issue that corresponds to it (except the "Mayflower II" supplement; I do have that issue but wanted to clarify that it wasn't a map, just a "poster" of a painting).

Note: I am willing to sell these volume-by-volume; not required to take the whole collection.

Views: 416

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Jackie, I am trying to locate a one-page advertisement for Guinness titled "The Beaver's Lesson" which I understand was printed in NG some time beteen 1948 and 1952.  Is it at all possible for you to flick through your copies and advise me what issue(s) it is in??  I would be most grateful and can email you a copy of the advert if you wish.  Kind regards, Doug Howick.

Doug,

I have looked through my issues from the years you stated (aside from the issues I am missing--see spreadsheet attached to my original post) and was not able to locate the advertisement. I actually did not see any Guinness advertisements in any of the editions. You're sure it was those years it was printed, because I do remember in my original thumb through of the magazines that there eventually were Guinness advertisements, but not until later years. If you have any further information you can give me, I would be willing to try further. Also, maybe send me the copy of the ad. Sorry I wasn't able to find what you're looking for!

Thanks,

Jackie

Dear Jackie,  Thanks so much for taking the trouble to look for me.

Maybe I was given the wrong information.  I'll try to find another way.

Kiond regards,  Doug H

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service