National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Collection of NGM's 1965-2008 available for interested collectors

My parents are preparing to move away from a farm home in MN, earlier this week I was in the attic and found a collection of National Geographic Magazines from 1965-2008. Only missing issues are April 2004, Jan-Apr 2005, August 2007, and some from 2008.

Included are two special issues: February of 1981 & November of 1993.

Index issues from 1984 - 1993, plus a hard cover index which covers the years 1947 - 1983.

This collection has been sorted and brought down from the attic, boxed and waiting for an interested collector to take them off our hands.

I thought about e-bay, but upon investigating there, those being sold don't get much for bids. Then I found this website, again large collections for sale don't get much for replys. I don't want to cover the cost of shipping these heavy boxes, I checked into local schools, not much interest there either. Sure hate to see this collection go to the recycle bin, but they will if no one responds.

The collection is currently boxed and stored in central MN

Please reply if any collector is interested...

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger,

hello!

How well "used" are these? Like I mean do they show signs of being wrinkled or spine damages...I am looking to 'upgrade' the set the I have and your timeframe is what I am looking for.

Of course you don't pay shipping - someone who wants them does. EBay is in a slump right now for sales, I think it has to do with the economy and gas prices. NGS stuff used to do quite nicely in the auctions.

- Scott S.
For the most part they are in pretty good shape, I do remember a few (half dozen??) of them with spine damage, none I would classify as wrinkled. Basically they were read and then put away.
how much are you asking for it?
I don't really know the value of them, more important to me is to find a home of someone who would appreciate having them.

I live about 7 hours away from where they are stored right now, so if I had to take the time to travel, package them up, and arrange to send them I guess I would like some kind of compensation for my efforts...perhaps $200 for the whole collection + shipping.

Otherwise, if a collector was willing to make the trip to central MN to pick them up, I 'd say $50 or whatever you feel is reasonable.

Thanks
Roger
Hi,

I'm interested in the magazines. How much are they?

Cheryl Carlson - carlson24@comcast.net

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service