National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (522)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Treasure of Maps (and NGMs)

I thought you might be interested in two stories about my reunion with my collection of NatGeo magazines and maps I've posted on my blog...…

Started by Kolby

0 Aug 4, 2008

im wondering the value on 1893

I Have nib in orginal plastic march 20, 1893. vol. v pp, 21-44,pls. 6-19. Als0 Vol III Jan 1987 No 1. October 1897 No. 10 Vol. III.. Vol IX…

Started by cassanova

3 Aug 4, 2008
Reply by Paul Crist

help with value and info, for selling complete sets from 1915 - 1970

I bought complete sets of national geographic magazines from an estate auction, the years are from 1915 - 1970, every year of complete sets…

Started by DJ SISCO

2 Jul 21, 2008
Reply by Paul Crist

looking to add to my collection

i currently have an immaculate complete collection dating back to 1915 and would like to add to it for my kids. do you folks how i can do t…

Started by frank kolbmann

3 Jun 17, 2008
Reply by Andy

General information for the members of Collectors Corner

Hi everyone, Karen Huffman will be moving to another division within Geographic after this month, (we are going to miss her so much!) so p…

Started by Cathy Hunter

2 May 30, 2008
Reply by Bill Cole

1964-1999 Collection+index for sale

Hi All, My parents have the entire collection from 1964-1999 plus hard bound index. I was thinking that 200.00 is a great deal. Any help an…

Started by here2sell63

1 May 27, 2008
Reply by Scott T. Shier

old bound volumes

Hello folks , There is a plethera of fine advice and knowledge here . I have bound volumes from 1908 to 1940 , and full years from 1940 to…

Started by Bill

6 May 21, 2008
Reply by Bill

Mastheads differing in the same binding & edition/printing date of Molloy and some cloth hardbacks

Bill Cole and I have discussed and certainly emailed about this, and for one easy way to tell the later bindings of pre-1920 titles (especi…

Started by Paul Crist

3 May 13, 2008
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Subscription/Invitation Varieties on all Special Publications and probably most hardbacks after 1974

From 1975ish through at least 1999 for special publications, and a small range for the bigger books published in the 1980s through mid- 199…

Started by Paul Crist

1 May 12, 2008
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Differences between originals and reprints

Hi, I have recently started adding to my collection of NGs. (Currently, I'm complete from 1915 upwards.) I was wondering if anybody knew s…

Started by Jonathan

1 May 11, 2008
Reply by Scott T. Shier

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service