National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I have a huge collection of National Geographic books and maps for sale. The bulk of the magazines are a continuous collection from 1946 into the 1990's, but I have various mags that go back thru the 30's and 40, and one issue that is 1909. I even have a couple of copies of the 1917 flag issue ( in fair condition). I have boxes of maps from the 80's 70's, 60's 50's 40's and even earlier. The oldest is a 1914 map of Mexico in fair condition; Several sets of "Close Up America", one in the plastic storage case; and many many more. I have a bookcase of hardback books; the special edition books, all first editions with dust jackets. I also have the regular NGS publicatons such as the Book of Birds - 2 volumes with records, and other books from that era of the 50's and 60's, all 1'st editions with dust jackets. I have several books from 1917 and 1918. I have a collection of index books, and a whole box of the 6 month index suppliments that go back quite a number of years, all new from NGS. I have the games ON Assignment, and Global Persuit ( with the 2nd set of game cards) both new in the box and never used. You name it, I probably have it. I will try to get a list to anyone who is interested but it may take while as I have to inventory everything. If you're interested, please contact me.

Robert

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you considered putting these collections on eBay?
hello there

iam interested in full collection

what condition would you say they are in ?

and what price do you have in mind
thanks
Rick,

First of all, where are you located? I only ask this because of the sheer number of items that i have. If you had to pay for shipping costs it would run a fortune.

My basic mag collection is from Jan 1946 to December 1990. Everything after that was discarded back in 2000. I have many other assorted years of the mag that go back thru the 40's, 30's and some 20's.

It would be easier for me to talk with you on the phone to explain everything that I have. Call me some time at
414-461-7027 and we can talk.

Robert
At one time I considered putting my items on eBay, but have you seen how much is there already. Most of it doesn't even draw bids.

I think part of the problem is he way eBay has set the NGS set up in their bid sites. I thinkg that because of the vast amount and variety of items that the NGS has, that eBay should have a seperate category just for NGS. This could be broken down into mags, maps, hard cover books, and misc.

Thanks for your input.

Robert
I've actually bought collections on eBay, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to sell them. Personally I've sold books and old old text books and have been successful, but as far as your collection it may not be that easy. Good luck though! I think a lot of people do buy NG on eBay. Have you considered a used book store?

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service