National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Most are in very good condition. Best offer. 

Andrea

2/26/2012

Additional info.....after input from a dealer and more research, I am offering the complete volumes from 1914 - 1935 for $3200. Buyer will be responsible for shipping and handling. Please post your email address along with any questions you may have if you are interested. I will remove this post once it is sold.

I am also willing to sell specific years if there is an interest.

Thank you
Andrea

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what r u asking for all of the ng,os that u have? where r u located? please call me at 586-823-5544, thanks

Hi Lou,

I apologize, I can't remember if I got back to you or not. I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area. I would like to discuss offers. I've edited my post above to show my asking price. I'm also going to edit it to show condition and maps. Again, I'm sorry if I overlooked your post.

Andrea

I am definitely interested in your NG.  Could you please give me your price and location?  I can be reached at deballen@windstream.net. thanks, Deb

i would just like to trade if you have any issues that i need i live in michigan, just north of detroit, where are u located ? u can call me this weekend at 586-268-9766 or 586-823-5544, and i can let u know what copies i have and we can arrange to have them shipped , ttyl, lou

Hi,

Do you have a price in mind? Where are you located? I am at olpsychom@aol.com Have a great day!!! Mike O

Here is an update to my original posting.

Out of the 267 magazines, here is the information on the conditions of each (using Excellent/Good/Poor):

December 1912 Front cover missing.  Back cover and spine taped. 
October 1913 spine damage. 
November 1914 holes like for a 3 ring binder.
August 1914 minor spine damage 
January 1914 hole for a 3 ring binder. Spine damage.  Stapled and taped.
October 1915 spine damage. 
September 1915 spine damage and lightly stained. 
May 1915 spine damage
Nov & Dec 1917 – two copies of each
March 1924 spine damage. 
October 1925 back cover damage, front cover has pencil marks.
Jan 1929 spine damage. Several spines taped for reinforcement, no damage.
Oct 1930 spine damage. Homemade spine replacement.
1926-1930 most in excellent g/vg condition.  A few have minimul pencil marks on them.
June 1933 staples showing through back cover.
September 1934 spine damage. Homemade repair.

MAPS Included:
May 1914 map of Mexico 
February 1914 map of Alaska. 
March 1915 two panoramas of Washington DC 
July 1916 map of Mexico 
May 1918 map of the western theater of war
January 1921 the argosy of geography photo.
June 1925 map of the arctic regions, poor condition
May 1928 vol. LIII Num. 5 Commander Byrd at the north pole. 
May 1931 map of Illinois 
November 1933 aerial photo of New York

Except as noted above:
1912 See info above
1913 One in good shape
1914-1920 Very good condition.
1921-1925 in excellent/good condition
1926-1930 most in excellent g/vg condition.  A few have pencil marks on them.
1931-1935 in excellent/ good condition

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service