National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I am in the process of having to empty my parents home and have come across hundreds of old National Geographic magazines that have been sitting in boxes for who knows how long.  I must find a home for them before the end of November, or I'm afraid they'll be tossed into the dumpster.  I live in Tennessee and my parents' home is in northern South Dakota, and there are too many to mail home to handle there.

Some of the years there are duplicate copies (guess one for my dad and one for his sister).  I'll be up there on the 15th of November and can give specifics on what is available, but do know that there were many years that were complete January-December.

If you are interested, I would LOVE to hear from you as soon as possible.  I really would love to have them kept and appreciated by someone.

Thanks so much-

Julie

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I would be interested in the 1913 editions April May and July.  Could you please let me known if they still have their Supplement ( fold out sections, Ruins of Machu Picchu, Monarch of the Canadian Rockies-Mount Robson, Doe and Twin Fawns)

I  live in Australia,  but I would happily pay for postage.

Thanks

Marcus

marcuscraig@hotmail.com

Dear Julie,

I am sorry about the process you are going through right now... never fun. As for the project you outline above, and that's a LOT of work for sure, might I at least urge you to consider at least bundling up the 1913 - 1919/1920 issues. 

I am not sure what kind of condition they are in, but at any rate, those are harder to find years and there is some decent demand for them. I know it's hard to try and make a good sale on such things in a time-crunch, and I figure yourself as well as others that might see this later in time would cringe to think dumpster. 

It could be worth the extra effort to secure that minimum batch of years and take them back to Tennessee to deal with later. Otherwise, if you hear from someone through the 'Corner fast (or already), so much the better!

I send good wishes for you, now and in future.

- Scott S.

Hi - I am interested any any/all 1913 editions, especially March and April.

Are these issues still available? If so, are they complete years? If so, I might be interested and would pay the postage to ship them to Dallas.

Mark

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service