National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Many NGMs from 1914-Present Day - Available for sale

I recently fell into a collection of NGMs. They start in 1914 and end last month. There are a few missing here and there but most are accounted for. I am new to the Forum and have a few questions.

Is it common for the earlier editions to have issues with the paper peeling off on the spines and some covers a bit loose? They have been kept in the same room since day one and were stacked according to year. So sometimes the top issue has some dust residue but other than those problems they are great. As the years progress they become nicer and nicer looking. With the exception of the 1988 hologram cover. That one has a rip on the back. That sucks.

Also, Is there anyone who is interested in some of these? We spent 2 hours organizing and hauling these out of the house they were in and frankly they are too heavy and in to great of numbers to keep them all. I have the earlier ones here now and the rest will be here tomorrow. If anyone is interested in some please let me know. Perhaps we can connect and talk over the phone about what you are looking for and I can tell you the condition. That's all I have for now! Thanks!

Views: 51

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spine condition is not untypical, but eliminates any collector value I am sad to say. Certain issues with plates (especially March 1919 "Dogs") individually have more value than likely for the set in tact. Tio the extent you have time to list individually on eBay or other auction, your best potential realization of value is selling individually. Unless the 1940-1945 are exceptionally better than the Teens depicted, the set as a collection has $100-$200 value if you could find someone locally interested. Shipping means that no one out side of vicinity could economically invest in them.
Hate to disappoint, but happy collecting
Paul Crist
Houston
Unfortunately, there is water and insect damage evident in the pics you have posted. HOWEVER I have seen these go for pretty decent prices when sold individually on eBay (and have bought some myself there) Start at about $5 per issue for the oldest ones and charge reasonable shipping and they will sell pretty easily. Make sure you describe the condition truthfully, include a photo and indicate if the supplements (maps, etc) are intact when applicable. Newer issues usually sell for only 50 cents to $1 each.

Good luck!

I would be interested in seeing pic of the 2006 - 2007 issues..... unicornservices@shaw.ca

Is your collection still available?  Where are you located?  I'm in Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

My e-mail is:     wendythrasher@sympatico.ca

Wendy

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service