National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I need help from someone owning National Geographic: 112 Years on CD

Wow, after 3 days of searching I finally find a forum dedicated to the National Geographic magazine. I need help from someone who own the National Geographic: 112 Years on CDs. One of those collection cost quite a lot, and considering I only need to find one piece of information and one single photograph from it, I thought one of you could own the 112 Years collection and wouldn't mind helping me. Here's where you can help me:

The 1992 adventure game Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, by LucasArts, features the Azores as one of its location. Apparently, the background picture of The Azores, or at least the left side of this background, is based after a photograph of Angra do Heroísmo found in one of the National Geographic magazine. I attached the background picture to this post.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you could use the search feature of the 112 Years collection to find me the photograph this background is based on and which National Geographic issue it was featured in.

Views: 243

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is an article on Spain with a photo of similar style to the picture you seek - from April 1992.

Otherwise, "The Azores, Nine Islands in Search of a Future" is an article from February 1976 issue. I was unable to look anything up by the name of the photographer you mention.

I don't have 112 years, but I used my 1888-1988 Index book, plus I looked through my 1991 and 1992 issues I have.

Good luck!

Scott T. Shier

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service