National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I have the 1969 Apollo 11 issue with the sound recored still in it, as well as the Sept. 1973 issue with the poster of the Apollo 17 crew. Both have intact covers/spines. How much would they be worth?

Views: 1937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kelly,

The Apollo space issues (or maps, articles, mini record) have appeal to others besides Nat Geo-philes. In my mind they are worthy items as collectables. For example, you could put both together as an item on eBay. It is hard to pin down a price though...

...I say that because lately eBay auctions have dipped in terms of fierce bidding for much of anything (blame Bush, haha). So, you could always just list it for a realistic price and wait until it sells. I have had success selling Nat Geo items on eBay and getting fair prices ["fair" being fair to buyer, and decently good for me]. One does not actually get rich with Geos unless you have the original first 20 years!

I also replied to your other 2 posts.

- Scott S.

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service