National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I need help with info & value, to sell complete sets, 1915- 1970

I bought complete sets of national geographic magazines from an estate auction, the years are from 1915 - 1970, every year of complete sets. And they have maps, index books everything, this guy was a millionaire, he had shelves made to store them all, most are in as new condition. I have no idea what they are worth of what to sell them for. I signed up here from a goggle search thinking I could get some help from someone. I do want to sell them, by year. So, could someone give me any info on what to sell them for or their value, or anything.? thanks a lot DJ

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was wondering why no one has responded to my question? oh well, guess i'll find out on my own.
Hey DJ, how are you?

I can try to chat about your questions in another day or 2. I just checked in real quick, but can't really talk at the moment.

If you like, you can click on my ID, and view my prior postings, and if you scan you can see what I have outlined to a few others about some pricing ideas, my own experience, and some general history/info. on the NGS.

kind regards,
Scott T. Shier

p>s>
oh, this is typically not a site where (members) may check everyday, so if people do not respond in the first few days, don't worry - they will !!! : )
Hi again DJ,

Could you elaborate on this a little bit for me? Like, what are the "index books" you mention? I am curious as to what you paid for the the whole collection too - this would be relevant in determining a realisitc and appropriate price-range.

You can email me @ joekool96@msn.com

have a good day,

Scott T. Shier
still available

Hi!

Is this collection still available?  Where are you located?  I'm in Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.

My e-mail is:     wendythrasher@sympatico.ca

Thanks!

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I only have a few years still available, I will post on here tomorrow which years, and you can make me an offer, some are 1920's -1950's. also have a box full of really old pre 1920 mixed. alkso, I am in Oregon. :) I will email you with details of whats left. thank you for your interest.

DJ

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service