National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

100 Years of National Geographic Magazine Huge Collection Slipcases Included For Sale

100 Years of National Geographic Magazine Huge Collection Slipcases...

100 Years of National Geographic Magazine 1914 - 2014  Complete interval. No missing issues. All In Slipcases. All Original 

It's not very often that a collection this complete or scrutinized goes up for sale.  This is my personal collection of National Geographic Magazine that I have been procuring since childhood.  Up for sale are Volumes 26 through 226 which cover the years of 1914 through 2014  All issues and special issues are included.  All are original. There are no reprints. Slipcases are included for all 200 volumes.  Magazines from 1915 through 1959 have plastic magazine covers. Supplements are about 80% complete for this entire collection. 
I will not be selling this collection piece by piece nor will I allow any other collectors to cherry pick this. I intend to sell this collection in a single lot.  It should be the center piece or addition to a personal or public Library.  I have inspected each copy and rated it.  90% of the collection has been rated from Good to Fair. Issues from the late 1950's appear to be in the best condition for their age.  Included in this description is a link below to a spreadsheet detailing the condition of each magazine and if the supplement is included or not. There is a final tally of statistics at the bottom of the sheet.  Each year has also been photographed so please see the link to my Flickr album
Flickr Album with pictures of Magazines
I will be offering free shipping on this collection for the buyer who uses the buy it now price. Any buyer who chooses to use a best offer, shipping will need to be included.  There will be about 26 boxes in this shipment that weigh about 45 lbs each. Total weight is around 1200 lbs.  Options for shipping will be your choice between terminal to terminal freight, door to door freight or Media Mail Service through the Postal Office. I can also arrange for local pickup if requested.  Anyone interested in purchasing or making an offer please click the link on the top of the page to be taken to the eBay Listing. 

Views: 379

Reply to This

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service