National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Request for help to my thesis

Hello, I am writing to you, because I would like to ask for your help. This year I am writing a thesis about touristic attractiveness of 2…

Started by Karol Ożarowski

0 Feb 11, 2014

October 2013 Spine Anomaly

My 125 Anniversary issue's spine has an alignment anomaly with a full 1/4 of its width being part of the back advertisement (Canon again). …

Started by George Thomas Wilson

2 Jan 31, 2014
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Can someone tell me what this is?

I have attached a photo but don't know exactly what this is. It is the funeral of Winston Churchill.

Started by Jeff Parker

4 Jan 28, 2014

Curious on collection value

I am curious of what my collection of National Geographic magazines and hardback books would be valued at. I have the following: Year 1970…

Started by Jeff Parker

4 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Jeff Parker

Changes I've seen coming

To all my friends at the "corner" The following topics are changes I've see coming for a long time. And I'm sure there are plenty I didn't…

Started by Philip Riviere

7 Jan 25, 2014
Reply by Philip Riviere

125 Years: 1888-2013 ~ 3-vol. deluxe masterpiece set by Taschen & N.G.S.

Nat Geo Society ~ 125 years --  'Around the World' . . . (no problem!)   Hello 'Corner,   In the last months of the 125th Anniversary yea…

Started by Scott T. Shier

4 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Scott T. Shier

"Merry Christmas, everyone"

Hello, Merry Christmas to everyone here on the 'Corner. I hope people have a joyful season with many blessings and best wishes on a a won…

2 Dec 24, 2013

125 Years: 1888-2013 ~ Decades' worth of burlesque?

Nat Geo Society ~ 125 years --  the 'Naked Truth' of nudity in National Geographic In the October (125th anniversary-of-magazine issue),…

3 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

125 Years: 1888-2013 ~ the Society's Flag

Nat Geo Society ~ 125 years -- down memory lane... Hello Nat Geo Corner, I thought in the closing month of the 125th anniversary year --…

2 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Longtime Director of Photography Robert Gilka Dies at 96

From the Society's in-house intranet newsletter:   'The Halls and Offices of NG are Buzzing with Bob Gilka Stories' By Megan Seldon, Thurs…

Started by Cathy Hunter

2 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Scott T. Shier

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service