National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (522)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The July "Apollo" Issue

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, the National Geographic Society is planning to highlight the mission in i…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

18 Aug 22, 2019
Reply by Pece Kocovski

First Sight

First Sight As our cruise ship sail into Juneau along the Gastineau Channel on our 40th anniversary (Aug 4th), the first docked ship we pa…

0 Aug 10, 2019

100 Years Ago: August 1919

100 Years Ago: August 1919 This is the fifty-fifth installment in a series of brief reviews of century-old National Geographic Magazines.…

1 Jul 29, 2019
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Need Help Identifying 1896 Map?

Hello,I was going through my map collection and stumbled across this map. I am not to sure if this a supplement map or if it was a page wit…

Started by Douglas Groenendijk

4 Jul 25, 2019
Reply by Douglas Groenendijk

"Apollo: Missions to the Moon" program on Nat Geo Channel ~ 7.07.19

There's an Apollo program on the National Geographic Channel tonight, 9pm. This kicks of a "space week" of special programming on the Chan…

Started by Scott T. Shier

0 Jul 7, 2019

Moon landing Nat Geo items !

The Nat Geo store online has a page of products celebrating or related to the Apollo 50th anniversary of the moon landing this month.  *f…

0 Jul 6, 2019

NGP, LLC (Disney) can predict the future !

Just for some levity today, I'd thought I'd share this tid-bit: For years, my mailing labels on my NGM's have indicated "LIFE" in the upp…

4 Jul 4, 2019
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Create Your Own Cover

Create Your Own National Geographic Cover The National Geographic Society has a neat app on their website that allows people to build thei…

8 Jun 27, 2019
Reply by Norma Scherich

100 Years Ago: July 1919

100 Years Ago: July 1919 This is installment number fifty-four of my series of brief reviews of National Geographic Magazines that are rea…

0 Jun 24, 2019

Two Versions of the January 1953 Issue

Two Versions of the January 1953 Issue Credit where credit is due: The research for this was done by Jeff Persons, a collector and member…

6 May 30, 2019
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service