National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Popular References to National Geographic

For many years we have tried to maintain a list of references made to National Geographic in movies, TV shows, cartoons, and books.  Staff…

Started by Cathy Hunter

6 Oct 14, 2015
Reply by Cathy Hunter

100 Years Ago: October 1915

This article is the tenth in a series of brief reviews of 100 year old National Geographics. The first article in this issue is on "mode…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

1 Sep 21, 2015
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

Some outside recognition for the March 2015 NGM issue

I just added another entry to my "How Others See Us:" discussion in the "Outside Looking In:" group for this little blurb in the May/June 2…

2 Sep 5, 2015

129 NGM Index(-ices) for 1911 -1926 on eBay !

Has anyone else seen this? I see there's 5 "watchers" - 1  is me since I am curious to see a final sale on these.  I have not thus far,…

Started by Scott T. Shier

12 Aug 11, 2015
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Great New Bird pics from Nat Geo Society

http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/30/the-art-of-birds-revealed-through-an-altered-reality/?utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Em

Started by Philip Riviere

2 Jul 12, 2015

March 1902 Anomaly

The second and fourth ad pages are inverted in two “original” issues. In the first issue: The second ad page is of McClure, Phillips &…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

4 Jul 4, 2015

100 Years Ago: July 1915

This article is the seventh in a series of brief postings on a National Geographic as it reaches 100 years of age. The first item listed…

1 Jun 23, 2015

100 Years Ago: June 1915

This is the sixth in a series of brief reviews of a National Geographic Magazine as it hits its 100th anniversary of publication. The fi…

1 Jun 23, 2015

Exploring History Magazines

I need a complete list of the National Geographic Exploring History Magazines.

Started by Jarod Scot Moore

0 May 29, 2015

Discrepancy in position of the "Asheville Quadrangle" map between the 1922 and 1964 Reprints of NGM Vol. 1, No. 4

I recently purchased a pair of 1922 reprints of the National Geographic Magazine (see images).  These were for the Volume 1, Numbers 2 and…

0 May 23, 2015

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service