National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

List of all NG maps

Hello!I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever compiled an Excel file that lists all the maps that have appeared in the National Geographi…

Started by Claude Belisle

2 Apr 14, 2010
Reply by Claude Belisle

National Geographic Society - Army Air Corps Stratosphere Balloon Flight Collectibles

In the first three installments of the series on the Souvenirs and Collectibles of the National Geographic Society - Army Air Corps Stratos…

Started by Charles Gannon

3 Apr 5, 2010
Reply by Charles Gannon

leather bound editions?

I have seen a number of leather bound editions and the ones I have seen either have the Albrecht Plane and Globe or have a camel on them .…

Started by Ingo Schroeder

2 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by Ingo Schroeder

1906 Anomaly

January Issue 1964 Bound Reprint – the last ad page is reversed from the “originals” – that is the bound obverse is the original reverse an…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

3 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Souvenirs and Collectibles of the Explorer Balloon Flights

In the first installment of the Souvenirs and Collectibles of the National Geographic Society - U. S. Army Air Corps Stratosphere Balloon F…

2 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Charles Gannon

"THE WORLD AND ALL THAT IS IN IT

is our theme, and if we can't find anything to interest ordinary people in that subject we better shut up shop and become a strict, technic…

Started by Cathy Hunter

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Scott T. Shier

National Geographic is addictive in more ways than you might think

Here is a link to a story by FastCompany.com entitled, The 10 Most Addictive Sounds in the World

Started by Cathy Hunter

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Anyone indexed National Geographic Kids?

I'm trying to track down an article about now-Washington Post writer/cartoonist Michael Cavna from around 1977.  However, NGS itself hasn't…

Started by Mike Rhode

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Another question to ponder - or is that a ponderous question? - re: March 1903 issue

For every “original” issue I’ve seen for 1903 – all the advertising pages follow the last printed page of the issue preceding the back cov…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

3 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Explorer II Balloon Bookmark

SOUVENIR OF STRATOSPHERE FLIGHT AVAILABLE TO GEOGRAPHIC READERS...so announced the National Geographic Society on Page 308 of the February…

2 Mar 15, 2010
Reply by Charles Gannon

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service