National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question about NGM April 1913

This question may have an obvious answer. But, I wonder why the famed April 1913 "In the wonderland of Peru" is so rare and usually sells p…

Started by Robert Zelenak

5 Jun 9, 2016
Reply by Robert Zelenak

100 Years Ago: June 1916

This is the 18th entry in my series of brief reviews for a National Geographic Magazine as it reaches its 100th year in existence.   This i…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

1 May 22, 2016
Reply by Philip Riviere

100 Years Ago: April 1916

This is my 16th short review of a National Geographic Magazine as it becomes 100 years old. There is only one article in this issue: The…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

1 May 19, 2016
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

Special Publications - Library Editions - Information Needed

The National Geographic Society published a uniform series of books from 1966-2009 under the name "Special Publications" later known as "Sp…

Started by Richard Kennedy

1 May 9, 2016
Reply by Jeffry Persons

How many?

I've often wondered how many complete, original collections are out there.  On the one hand, there were only about three hundred members in…

Started by Kevin W. Plaxco

6 May 3, 2016
Reply by Kevin W. Plaxco

National Geographic to Stop Publishing Nude Animal Pictures

"The media group says that it will no longer degrade animals by showing photos of them without clothes." ...Missed this on 1st April, but…

Started by Scott T. Shier

0 Apr 28, 2016

This Day in History: CHERNOBYL Incident (April 1986) & NGM coverage

~ Today is the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. I vividly recall being in 1st grade, and our whole school was interrupted w/ a…

Started by Scott T. Shier

0 Apr 26, 2016

National Geographic's Very First Expedition

I'm researching the first National Geographic Expedition.  It was written up in Vol III May 29, 1891.  Anybody done a research or thought?…

Started by Ralph Bullis

7 Apr 20, 2016
Reply by Jeffry Persons

November 1938 issue

I am terminally ill, and am starting to clear the house. I have started with the books, and whilst going through one of the bookcases I ha…

Started by barbara joanne killen deane

0 Apr 11, 2016

National Geographic Collection

Hello friends  Just became a member  I would like to know what would be the total cost of a collection of National Geographic Magazines fro…

Started by Rupam Das

2 Mar 29, 2016
Reply by Rupam Das

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service