National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

COMPLETE SET OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINES, MAPS & SUPPLEMENTS FOR SALE

Complete Set of National Geographic Magazines, Maps & Supplements for Sale

Volumes 1 and 2 are reprints, rebound in Albrecht Airplane & Globe covers.  Volumes 3 to 138 are Originals, bound in Albrecht Airplane & Globe covers.  Volumes 139 to Present are loose magazines housed in the NG Dated Burgundy Slip Cases.  All supplements not bound in the Volumes are housed in NG Map Slipcases.

The picture of the complete collection is an older photo. In the photo you will notice that many of the earlier volumes were in various bindings. I have since had all of them re-bound in the Albrecht Airplane & Globe covers, so I have included a photo of the first 20 volumes. I’ve also included a photo of the Map Cases with their inventory.

I am selling this entire collection as a set and will not split it up. If I don’t find a motivated buyer in this forum, I plan to engage one of the large auction houses to facilitate the sale.

Views: 1036

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To say the least, this is a beautiful collection.

Well done and good luck!

Melvin, Thank you for your comment.  

I was wondering if I could discuss this collection with you in a little more detail.  I need to develop a strategy for selling it and wanted to ask you for some advice.  

Thank you,  Richard

Do your early volumes include the magazine covers? Contact me at groenendijk24@hotmail.com

In response to a question I received: There is only 1 cover present in my early volumes through 1909.  Please see the picture.  It is from Vol IV (May 1892).  I suspect it was kept because it is signed by the author of that month's topic, Dr. Charles Willard Hayes.  When you get to 1910 and 1911, all covers and ads are included (see pictures).  The remainder of the bound volumes post 1911 do not contain covers or ads.  I truly wish that every volume were like 1910 and 1911.  It would make the set worth considerably more money. 

Attachments:

Here is an exhaustive list of my National Geographic Maps and Supplements that are included in the sale.

Attachments:

Is your collection still available?  What are you asking for it?  And where are you located?

Hi Wendy, I have it listed for $22,000 or best offer.  I am located in the Houston, Texas area.  I would consider any reasonable offers and will work with you on transportation.  Thanks,  Rick

Thanks Rick.  I'm an amateur collector and not especially concerned about originals or reprints, etc.  I just find that at this time, I can't justify spending that much on the collection, since I don't have many "holes" in what I have.

Thanks for your interest.  Rick

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service