National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

I have a collection dating from 1917 to 2014.  Many years are full sets.  Also 3 hard cover indexes, several travelers, a catalog and various insets and maps.  I am moving and must let them go.  Please contact me at kjfortman@cfl.rr.com.  Most are like new.

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kimberly,

I am an educator and a school administrator from India. I have been very interested in the study of Geography and an avid reader of National Geographic Magazines. Recently I have begun to collect these power houses of knowledge Nat Geo magazines to promote the study of our planet earth and all thats in it with students who have never been exposed to this wonderful magazine. What will it cost me to get my hands on your collection? I shall be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks a lot again.

Premnath Waidande

premwaidande@yahoo.co.uk

Are you in the USA or in India.  I will have to check what shipping will be.  It is unclear to me if you are in India or from India teaching in the US.  Thanks

Hello Kimberly, Thank you your response. I am here in India but have made arrangements with some of my family and friends to ship the Nat Geo collection to me. Under certain educational items and used books and magazines category, the shipping charges are reduced considerably. I shall arrange for someone to collect the mags from you and ship it to me once I get the final nod from you. I hope the collection is still available. I thank you once again for your kind response and hoping to hear from you soon.

Premnath Waidande 

Hello Premnath,    How fortunate for you the mags are still available.  I have been trying to help a friend named Vivian.  These mags are hers.  She is a retired educator and was happy to hear these mags will continue to be utilized for education.  Please contact her at 1-563-355-4497.  She lives in Davenport, Iowa along the Mississippi River.  She is in the process of moving so is not able to email right now.  You can email me at kjfortman@cfl.rr.com and I can contact her if you are unable to call.  However, she would enjoy talking with you.  She said to me, as a fellow educator she would prefer no money to be paid to her for the mags as long as you are willing to pay for the shipping.  She feels wonderful about sharing with international communities in our changing world.  I have a list of the volumes in the collection which I can email to you if you wish.    

Best Wishes,   Kim

Hello Kim, Thank you so much for your response to my mail. I and my students were thrilled to hear that the Nat Geo Mags collection is still available. Your initiative and help in this matter is greatly appreciated by all of us here. I will certainly call and speak with Vivian. We appreciate her generous gesture and spirit of sharing. I am in the process of arranging one of my family to take the responsibility of collecting the mags and shipping it to us. I will provide you the details of the person who will contact you and fix a day and date to collect the mags from Vivian's place.

I would certainly be glad to get a list of volumes in the collection from you if its possible.

Thank you again Kim for all your help.

With regards, Prem

Hello Prem,  Was wondering if you got the list I sent you, how you are doing on the arrangements, or if you are still interested.  Thanks Kim

Hello Prem,  If you are still interested in the mags it is very important you get in touch with either Vivian or myself.  I have been trying to get in touch with you to no avail.  She got another offer on the mags and is worried you have changed your mind.  She will have to let them go unless there is word from you as to what you are planning.  Kim

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service