National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what months had supplements in 2017 and 2018. I moved and my suscription did not make it to my house so i am having to piece them together.

Thanks

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James,

There was only one loose supplement in the years you listed.  The March 2018 issue contained a two-sided map entitled "How Birds Migrate".

Tom Wilson

Thanks. Do you happen to know about 2017?

No loose supplements in 2017.  The last one prior to March 2018 was December 2016.

Thanks so much. I misunderstood the first response. I appreciate the info.

Hi Tom,

My brother is a subscriber to National Geographic and strangely didn't receive a map supplement to the 2018 March issue (the spine and magazine does show a bird migration story) but we didn't see a map anywhere. I wonder if the maps were US only, because a similar thing happened to the December 2016 issue (FAITH cover) where we got no map but people overseas seem to have received a map.

Question, is there any mention on the issue anywhere in the magazine that a map is included? I don't see anything in both the March issue of 2018 and the December issue of 2016 of the copies we have.

Hi Pece,

Back in the day, you could tell if there was a supplement by the red lettering on the spine.  Not anymore.  Now, all of the main articles get red lettering even without a supplement.  The Society might have a problem with quality control in regards to inserting maps.  I know one of the more recent maps was missing in Phil's issue.  He wrote to Cathy Hunter and she mailed him a copy of the map.  You could try that.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for that. I will give it a shot, because my brother reads the issues as the magazines come in and he feels incomplete not having read and admired the two maps!

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service