National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

100 Years Ago: March 1916

This is the 15th brief review in my series on National Geographic Magazines as they reach there 100th anniversary of being published.    …

Started by George Thomas Wilson

7 Mar 11, 2016
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

Pics to Ads

Fellow Nat Geo Lovers, I've been posting a picture a day for many months and have also been posting classic ads to the Ad group for a short…

Started by Philip Riviere

1 Feb 17, 2016

100 Years Ago: January 1916

This is the thirteenth installment of my short reviews on 100 year old National Geographic Magazines. There is only one article in this…

4 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Famous Nat Geo Ads

While posting the Santa ads for Christmas (more to come) I was wondering if the active members here are leaving out a big area that draws…

Started by Philip Riviere

1 Jan 25, 2016

The enormous weight of National Geographics

I'm finally in a position to attempt to build bookcases to hold my National Geographic collection.  However, I'm very concerned about the m…

Started by John Evicci

4 Dec 28, 2015
Reply by John Evicci

NG Collection Cataloguing

Here is an idea for tracking your collection.  This spreadsheet uses color coding and other notations to help keep it compact. Feel free to…

Started by Chad Traywick

1 Dec 26, 2015
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

1943 World map - Value and Authenticity

I recently ordered a 1943 world map from the USA as part of a crafty project to mount on a canvas, however now the map has arrived I'm wond…

Started by Hannah

3 Dec 18, 2015

100 Years Ago: December 1915

This is the twelfth in my series of brief reviews of National Geographic Magazines as they reach their century marks. The first article…

2 Dec 9, 2015
Reply by Wyatt James

Volume I Title Page Anomaly (original versus reprint):

It matters not if you have bound or loose reprints – you do not have a Title Page for Volume I. This was a purposeful omission by the NGS…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

13 Dec 3, 2015
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

...vote on your preferred cover version for November 2015 NGM !

As indicated in Nov.'s From the Editor page : Here's the link to cast your vote on 5 versions of November's cover, being a special single…

Started by Scott T. Shier

0 Oct 27, 2015

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service