National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NEW Magazine: "At National Geographic we can't get enough of animals...."

".....We are endlessly curious about [them]. That's why we're delighted to introduce Nat Geo WILD magazine."                   * from the…

Started by Scott T. Shier

7 Jan 6, 2018
Reply by Scott T. Shier

2007 "Red Brick" Reprints

Does anyone have information on National Geographic Reprints from 2007.  I was unaware that any were reproduces after 1975.  I had assumed…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

6 Jan 3, 2018
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

1,500th issue of Our NGM magazine ~ December 2017

Hello Nat Geo 'Corner, I wish to take a moment to commemorate the fact of December 2017 being the 1,500th issue of National Geographic Maga…

6 Jan 2, 2018
Reply by Scott T. Shier

100 Years Ago: January 1918

100 Years Ago: January 1918 (includes unique spine) Note: This is my thirty-sixth installment in my series of brief reviews of National Ge…

6 Dec 22, 2017
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Thrice Published Map of the British Isles

Thrice Published Map of the British Isles   Photo courtesy of Philip Riviere   The April 1949 issue of the National Geographic Magazine ha…

8 Dec 18, 2017
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Supplements

I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments on the lack of supplements again, for 2017. Maps are a big part of geography and there have been…

Started by Harold Woron

9 Dec 16, 2017
Reply by Harold Woron

The Mouse that Roared -- Disney and National Geographic

The Walt Disney Co. has struck a deal valued at $52.4 billion to acquire much of the Hollywood holdings of 21st Century Fox. These holdings…

Started by Richard Kennedy

9 Dec 14, 2017
Reply by Pece Kocovski

Wrong-Way Eagle Hologram

Hello everyone!  I am a collector of vintage lasers and holography and have found a very rare and special hologram I'd like to share with t…

Started by Bob Hess

8 Dec 8, 2017
Reply by Bob Hess

The National Geographic Society vs. Richard Pryor

National Geographic Society vs. Richard Pryor While this article is about a parody cover image used as an album cover, and its revision…

1 Dec 6, 2017
Reply by Scott T. Shier

December 2016 NGM - variations (again)

There's 3 variations of the December issue, though they all showcase the same cover story, and same cover imagery artwork.  1) newsstand/…

13 Dec 6, 2017
Reply by Scott T. Shier

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service