National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NGM Covers on TV thanks to Scott Shier

I got my TV to play the NGM covers and wanted to say Thanks to Scott!

Started by Anthony J. Chesser

1 Apr 24, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

National Geographic Calender

Can some people give me some calendar suggestions since I am choosing next years calendar and I want to get the opinion in early so I can c…

2 Apr 16, 2020
Reply by Anthony J. Chesser

National Geographic is owned by Disney?

What the title says

5 Apr 15, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

An interesting piece of minutia, re: Volume I Title page front & back

There is but one way any collector may view/touch a Volume I Title page. The collector must have had access to a complete original Volume I…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

7 Apr 14, 2020
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

Dec 1976 NGM printing anomoly/error?

Does anyone know of a printing error or variance with regards to the December 1976 issue of NGM? I found an old note I wrote down on paper…

Started by Scott T. Shier

8 Apr 13, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

a Look back at 130 Years (2018 video)

From the official Nat Geo youtube account: A really nice 7.5 minute video surveys the past 130 years of National Geographic ---> https…

1 Apr 13, 2020
Reply by Anthony J. Chesser

Nat Geo WILD channel is 10 years old ~ "Look Nature in the Eye"

Greetings Collector's Corner: Nat Geo WILD channel debuted on March 29, 2010. It was a partnership between National Geographic Ventures (t…

6 Apr 11, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

all 2000's NGM slipcases are on clearance in the NG Store....

-----> https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/collections/magazine-slip-cases Are they discontinuing the annual slipcases? I notice tha…

5 Apr 1, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Coverless May 1989 National Geographic.

I get my old NGMs from the library to where unfortunately people come by steal, destroy the magazines. When I traded my 2006 collection I w…

0 Mar 29, 2020

November 1914: One More Additional Illustration

I just finished the November 1914 issue of the National Geographic.  The issue contains but one article entitled "Young Russia - The Land o…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

8 Mar 25, 2020
Reply by Scott T. Shier

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service