National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Discussions (521)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

100 Years Ago: July 1923

100 Years Ago: July 2023   This is the one-hundred-and-second installment in my series of (hopefully) short synopses of National Geographic…

Started by George Thomas Wilson

2 Jun 30, 2023
Reply by George Thomas Wilson

New Article Reprint Found

I came across a previously unknown article reprint from the November 2017 issue of National Geographic entitled "Mission to Save Africa's O…

Started by Richard Kennedy

1 Jun 21, 2023

Map Supplement

I think it is a shame that the April 2022 National Geographic issue didn't come with a map supplement of UKRAINE and its neighbors.  (Unles…

Started by Harold Woron

12 May 30, 2023
Reply by Harold Woron

100 Years Ago: June 1923

100 Years Ago: June 1923   This is the 101st entry in my series of posts about one-hundred-year-old National Geographic Magazines.     The…

0 May 27, 2023

Buyer Beware

I've contacted this seller about several of their listings declaring the maps as "antique originals." The seller has acknowledged my input…

Started by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

3 May 25, 2023

50 years ago: Skylab launched - May 14, 1973

I was thinking of this recently, and since it often does not get the attention that Apollo, and the Shuttles and Hubble, etc., I wanted to…

Started by Scott T. Shier

0 May 22, 2023

Index to Volume VII in the February 1897 number

The cover of the January, 1897 number lists the index to Volume VII in the table of contents; however, the index is not included in that nu…

Started by Juan Carlos Herrera del Castillo

3 May 16, 2023
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Our Mathematical World

About a decade ago National Geographic published a series of 60 books titled "Our Mathematical World".  Having one of my undergraduate degr…

Started by Richard Kennedy

1 May 7, 2023
Reply by Scott T. Shier

100 Years Ago: May 1923

100 Years Ago: May 1923 This is the one-hundredth entry in my ongoing series of reviews of National Geographic Magazines on the centennial…

3 May 1, 2023
Reply by Scott T. Shier

100 Years Ago: February 1921

100 Years Ago: February 1921   This is the seventy-third installment in a series of reviews of National Geographic Magazines as they reach…

1 Apr 30, 2023

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service