National Geographic's Collectors Corner

Collaborative site for collectors, dealers, & anyone interested in our history.

Preservation Tips (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anybody looking for some advice on how to Clean-up and/or Repair NGS items?

Feel free to chat with me, via this site or email/message me. I have developed some ways (through trial-and-error!) on how to clean up, ref…

Started by Scott T. Shier

34 Dec 29, 2013
Reply by Scott T. Shier

storage of national geographic magazines

hi, my name is chance bond, and I am currently aT 1300 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC'S, AND NEED TO FIND THE PRICE OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHICS, AND HOW T…

Started by chance bond

4 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by chance bond

looking for e-version of the magazine's TOC since 1981 till now

Hello, I'm collecting NGM since 1981 and I'm now reorganizing them in order to find a way to lookup for subjects in a easier way. Is there…

Started by Antonio Greselin

0 Dec 28, 2011

Nat GeoMaps Preservation Storing and Cataloging method

Hi, nice to meet you all people and first o all excuse my poor english. I´m Cristian Gómez from Costa Rica, Central America, and i am so h…

Started by Cristian Gomez

6 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Melvin L. De Vilbiss

What should i pay for magazines 1940-1950?

Im looking to buy magazines 1940-1950 what would be a good price i should pay What would be a fair price for geographic magazines 1940-19…

Started by j mitch

1 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by Paul Crist

NG maps need to be seeen & used ... not just kept folded on the shelf ....

I have a large collection of maps which I would like to open up & cataloge. They could then be put into a mylar sleeve ... 2 sides open…

Started by Mickey Rostoker

4 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by Mickey Rostoker

Looking for a binder

Hi- We just inherited a bound collection of NG mags from way back. They are bound and imprinted with a family name up until 2005. I am look…

Started by Colleen

2 Aug 7, 2008
Reply by Scott T. Shier

Lighting affects on magazines

Hello, I currently light most of my bookshelves from above using LED light strips (the DIODER from IKEA. Will this cause any significant d…

Started by Kolby

2 Aug 5, 2008
Reply by Kolby

Care information for collectors

Paper produced in the late 19th and throughout the 20th centuries varies a great deal in quality and life expectancy. Daily newspapers degr…

Started by Karen Huffman

0 Aug 24, 2007

RSS

Members

Legal notice about this site

Note: Any sales or trade arrangements are solely between users of this site; The National Geographic Society is not a party to and does not endorse or promote any particular sales or trade arrangements between collectors, dealers, or others. Due to the immediate nature of this medium, National Geographic Online also does not review, censor, approve, edit or endorse information placed on this forum. Discussion boards on National Geographic Online are intended to be appropriate for family members of all ages. Posting of indecent material is strictly prohibited. The placement of advertisements or solicitations unrelated to National Geographic also is prohibited. National Geographic Online shall review information placed on this forum from time to time and delete inappropriate material that comes to its attention as soon as it is practicable, but cannot guarantee that such material will not be found on the forum. By posting material on this discussion board you agree to adhere to this policy prohibiting indecent, offensive or extraneous advertising material, and to legally assume full and sole responsibility for your posting.

© 2024   Created by Cathy Hunter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service